Service - New, Stop (Close Account)

Start New Service

New accounts can be opened 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Friday. New service requests after 3 p.m. will be serviced the following business day. Emergency calls after hours may require an overtime charge.


Water accounts can ONLY be established by property OWNERS! 


All new utilities accounts are set up online or in person at City Hall and require the following documentations:

1. SERVICE APPLICATION - Completed, dated and submitted.

2. Signed proof of final settlement statement or warranty deed.

3. Copy of applicant's valid government-issued identification, such as state Driver's License, Passport, etc.

4. Initial cost is $150 ($135 refundable deposit and $15 non-refundable service fee, as authorized under city code sec. 70-153.)

5.  Email proof of ownership to Once the application is processed, you will receive an email with the account information and how to pay the deposit online.


Deposits for multi-family and commercial-sized meters will vary. Please contact us at 941-932-9434 for pricing.


Stop Service (Close Utility Account)

1. Fill out and submit the Stop Service form - linked in title and here: Stop Service Form

2. For property owners, please provide a copy of your SIGNED Final Settlement Statement or warranty deed to



To Open a Temporary Hydrant/Construction Account

Temporary Hydrant or Construction meters shall be installed for no longer than 180 days. The person(s) desiring such a meter shall first apply to the Public Works Department using the form below which will be processed at the Utilities Customer Service office.

  • A deposit is required that is at least equal to but not less than replacement cost of all equipment used.
  • The meter will be read and billed accordingly every month in service.
  • The meter and the appropriate RPZ shall be installed, monitored, read and finally removed or re-located by City of Bradenton utility employees only.
  • The meter will be automatically removed after the time limit has expired unless authorization has been obtained from the Director of Public Works or his designee for an extension.

The New Tap/Hydrant Application can be obtained by emailing